The average person's body is made up of approximately 60 percent water. Although a good portion of this occurs naturally, proper hydration depends upon keeping your body hydrated. On days when you're feeling extra hungry, more tired than usual and a bit out of sorts, it's likely you're dehydrated. The advantages of drinking more water go well beyond hydrating your body's major organs and systems. Developing a habit that leads you drink water throughout the day will provide you with some wonderful benefits you might not have thought about.
• Weight Loss - Drinking more water is an important aspect of weight loss that's often overlooked. Water helps you feel fuller, and it flushes away the by-products of fat as it breaks down. Many times when we feel hungry, we're actually thirsty.
• Improved Appearance of Skin - When your skin has the proper hydration, it looks smoother and a lot more supple and is freer of irritation and redness. You know what it's like to get dry, chapped skin after being outside on a cold windy day. Think of dehydration as the issue that leads to skin becoming chapped from the inside out.
• More Energy - When you're thirsty, you feel lethargic. This occurs because water helps to flush out waste and toxins that impair our bodies in many ways. More water in your body also helps your cardiovascular system run more efficiently so it can keep your heart pumping with less energy output.
• Headache Relief - If you're suffering from chronic headaches, even though there are a lot of things that can cause it, but being dehydrated is one of them. Drinking more water can help relieve head aches and back pain, too.
• Better Concentration - Our brains are made primarily of water. When your body is dehydrated it can lead to difficulty with focus at work or school. When you drink more water you'll find that your thinking is clearer and you're better able to concentrate on the task at hand.
To drink water regularly throughout the day, make it readily available so you don't have to interrupt your day to get water. Have a bottle on your desk at work, in your car, gym bag and on the end table near your favorite living room chair. When it becomes a habit, you'll soon find the advantages of drinking more water far outweigh any issues that prevented you from doing so before. Water is an essential part of life and as soon as you start enjoying the natural benefits of drinking more water, you'll begin to wonder why you waited so long.